Friday 14 February 2014

Birthdays, Pizzas and Thrown out

Hey guys,

WARNING! LONG POST BUT WORTH READING

last Saturday I was invited to a friends birthday outing. She wanted to take us out to a restaurant but I didn't want to go. I don't know why, maybe it was because laziness was kicking in.
I eventually convinced myself to go, because there were lots of people saying that they couldn't go, and I thought it could be interesting.

I was right. The day was awesome. Where to start. Alright.
I met up with some of my friends around 3:30 because we didn't know our way to the meeting point, so we figured that we could get lost together. We were the first ones to arrive at the meeting point, eventually joined by everyone else. That's when I thought the night was going to get really awkward because there were soo many different groups of people that don't usually interact with each other.
We got onto the bus, I can't remember which one but it was going going to take us straight to the restaurant. I'd have to say that the bus journey was the best part of the trip, I'm not even joking. There were about 14 girls in our group all occupying the seats at the back of the bus, so you can image the amount of noise we were producing (I'm disappointing in myself because I never thought that I would be one of those people). Anywhoo there were three boys at the front of the bus, someone from our group claimed to like him, so I was dared to go and tell him that. At first I was just putting up a brave face because I knew that no one would really let me go and do it. I was wrong, eventually I got up; walked up the isle and tapped him on the shoulder saying "my friend likes you". then walked back to my seat. This caused everyone to burst into histericks as they gave me high fives. I guess I finally I grew a pair!

We eventually got off the bus but had to walk for fifteen minutes in high winds (bear in mind that we are all wearing dresses) and rain looking for the restaurant. When we finally locate it (after asking going into another restaurant to ask for directions), we figured out that the birthday girl didn't think that she had to make a reservation. The place was packed and we weren't allowed to go in. It was soo embarrassing until my friend was leaning against a poster in the restaurant and accidentally caused it to fall off the wall, causing us to make a hasty retreat. 

Now we were out in the freezing cold and rain, not knowing where to go and eat. We were all beyond starving. We had three options: Pizza express (which she really didn't want to go to), Nando's (which she also really didn't want tog o to) and a Chinese restaurant. Our next stop took us to the Chinese restaurant. We all gathered in and the man told us that we had to pay a minimum of 10 pounds per person. We all accepted this and proceeded to sit down. When half of us were seated I jokingly mumbled if we could see the portions but no one heard me. The birthday girl then asked to see the portions but thiat pissed the manager off soo much that he threw us all out of the restaurant. THAT IN MY OPINION WAS THE STUPIDEST THING HE COULD HAVE DONE BECAUSE HE JUST MISSED OUT ON EARNING OVER 140 POUNDS ANNNDD TO TOP IT OFF, HIS RESTAURANT WAS EMPTY! and by empty, I mean that you could literally hear a pin drop. This was the first time in my life that I have ever been thrown out of anything. We were all shocked but it makes for a great memory.

Now we were back out in the cold, we had no choice but to go to Pizza express because we had a few vegetarians in our group (including me). Whilst trying to find the shop, one of the girls said that she had to go because she had a (some kind of) problem which meant that she had to eat something ASAP or she would faint. We all understood and said our goodbyes to her. Ten minutes later, after we have taken our seats at Pizza express, she rejoins us. I was soo confused at this point... I thought she said that she needed to go?
A few seconds later she started complaining that she needed to eat something pronto. I just stared at her, as cruel as this may sound, I felt no sympathy for her. This is because I was/am confused as to why she hadn't popped into a corner shop during the ten minutes that she disappeared. It doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway, her complaining touches the heart of some of the other girls, so they leave with her to go to McDonald instead of staying to celebrate their friends' birthday. Good friends right? WHAT REALLY GOT MY BLOOD BOILING WAS THAT IF SHE HAD ORDERED A STARTER, IT WOULD HAVE COME TO HER WITHIN THE NEXT MINUTE. I know that for a fact because we ordered a a minute before they left and it came a minute after they had left. I think that the girl just wanted to suck all of the attention away from the birthday girl. We ate, took pictures then my friend and I broke away from the group on the way home because we live in separate areas to the rest of them. We caught three buses that ended up terminating,so it took us an hour longer than it would have to get home.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

Not all those who wander are lost.
J. R. R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment