Wednesday 3 December 2014

Christmas gift guide: For girls #BigBlogmasproject2014

Hey guys,

One thing I struggle with, as I get older is finding good, quality presents to get someone. The days of home-made gifts/cards 'from the heart' are over and as you get older, the expectations get higher and higher. For example, a few years ago, I bought a girl in my class one of those childish nail-polish sets for around £3. It was a cool gift and all, but now as a teenager, the sort of gifts that I'm expected to produce are of a higher price range than they were before. There's the trouble of finding a gift that is both reasonably priced and suitable for the person you are gifting it to.

That's where this post comes in. I'm just going to give you a few suggestions on good gifts that can be given to pretty much everyone.



Lush, in my opinion is a good place to shop. I love the whole idea of the brand, and so might the receiver of your gift. It's all natural, and you can buy a range of products from bacth bombs to toners etc etc. One of their products that I love the most is the 'Breath of fresh air' I find that it wakes you up, so if you're buying for someone who always looks tired, or sleeps a lot, hopefully it'll be really effective in keeping them feeling fresh.

 The price range, in my opinion is quite fair, most of the products listed above only ranging from £5-15 which is the average most people are expected to spend on a present (but understandably this ranges with age and financial situations).


Superdrug, like Lush, is also a really good place to buy products such as those in the above images. 
They offer a wide range of products such as mascara, perfumes, bubble baths etc. for a really affordable price range. The products, imaged from superdrug (above) range from £8-15, so are perfect for when you're on a tight present budget.



One thing that I hope you have inferred from this post is that bath soaps and like-wise products are always the best to gift when to a friend or family member when you are stuck on gift ideas because they are things the person can use every day and last long. Although, I do recommend that you make the gift a little more personal when gifting something to someone close to you, because gifting your mum with bath soaps may seem nice, but may come across as you not putting effort into it, if she has been hinting that she wants a new phone case.

And... One last thing I think would be awesome to get someone, partially because I desperately want one, is a portable charger. This, along with many other things, is a unisex gift and is pretty much ageless (as in, would be good for people of any age as long as they own a mobile phone). Unlike the other products, I'm unsure of where you can purchase one of these. I've heard that you can buy one from online stores such as Amazon (I won't be surprised, they sell pretty-much everything).


Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,

Hmm...HMM..


It is a fine seasoning for joy to think of those we love.
Moliere

No comments:

Post a Comment