Monday 29 December 2014

Happy Holidays!

Hey guys,


Well, coming off my astonishingly bad attempt to participate in this years' Blogmas (hopefully I'll have better luck next year), I just wanted to wish you all, if you celebrate it, a Happy belated Christmas! I hope you all had a amazing time and received the presents and things you wished for (as well as gifting some awesome presents).

Okay, so there is a lot we have to catch up on. First of all, school's out!
Nothing excites me more than saying that phrase. I mean, school is great and all, but the current swarm of exams just takes a lot out of a person. I'm sure anyone who has, and or, is currently taking their GCSEs understands what I mean. 

(I'll try and condense this post as much as possible)

A lot of people spend this holiday in many different ways, some like to stay at home with he family, others like to go out and celebrate, whether they're alone or with a bunch of friends. 
This year I am currently on holiday in Dubai with my mum and one of my older sisters, and on Christmas day, we went to Dubai mall to do some shopping and watch the dancing fountains in front of the Burj Khalifa (I'll show you some pictures in my next post). 

Unsurprisingly, I haven't been very productive (revision/academic wise), but instead, I've used that time to meet up with some of my old AD friends. 
For those of you wondering why my 'old friends' are in Dubai, I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this or not, but before coming back to live in London, I lived in Abu Dhabi with my family for a few years (so you know, I went to school there, made friends and whatnot). 
Most of my British friends went back to England for the holiday (to be with family and their old friends), but my very close friend 'Jane'  drove down to Dubai to meet up with me and we just hung out around Mall of The Emirates. To summarise, she's good company.


How are you spending this holiday? Did you celebrate at home? on holiday? with friends or family? I want to know.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment